- Project overview
- Writing Into the Day
- Play games produced last summer
- Gamestar Mechanic Episodes 1-3
- Writing Out of the Day
Writing Into the Day
Think and write about the following:
- Games you play (or have played) and games you’ve played in the classroom
- What are the key differences and similarities between the two?
- What might explain why most educational games are terrible in terms of playability, narrative, or both?
- What made (or makes) the games you play playable?
If you weren’t able to join our meeting today and share, feel free to type your thoughts in the comment section for this post.
Games Produced Last Summer
Fortnite Quiz: https://gamestarmechanic.com/game/player/9860607
The Haunted Library:https://gamestarmechanic.com/game/player/9868866
Gamestar Mechanic Episodes 1-3
- Go to http://bit.ly/LWPGamestar
- Create an account
- Go to the Quest
- Play Episodes 1-3
- The Bonus Missions are optional. Timer Dash in Episode 3 is particularly challenging.
Having trouble registering for Gamestar Mechanic or navigating it? Watch this video for help.
Writing Out of the Day
- In what ways might you implement connected learning, game design elements, and systems thinking into your classroom, library, or after-school program?
- What are your goals for this institute?
- What are your ideas, if any, for the game you will design for this institute?