Today’s Discord Meetings
- 1:00PM – 2:00PM: Circle Up
- 2:00PM – 3:00PM: Optional Office Hours
- Have questions? Struggling with someone? Just want to chat? I will be in the Discord video chat for this hour. Feel free to drop in!
I will be available on Discord all day. If you need help, @Thor to get my attention or ask your fellow game designers in the text chat!
- Watch Getting Ready for Author’s Chair
- Begin planning and designing your original video game. It might help you to return to some ideas from the past few days, to talk to your fellow game designers about your ideas, and to play in the in the Construct 3 arcade to get some inspiration. Everyone plans in their unique ways. For some of us, we sketch out our ideas on a sheet of paper. Others make lists. Others jump right in! Do what feels right for you.
- Playtest your custom game with one (or more!) of your fellow game designers
- Your major goal is to have a one level alpha version of your game with the .cp3 file uploaded to our Google Folder , ready to show off at our Game Developer’s Conference (tomorrow at 1:00PM)
Finished Game Checklist
- Can my game be successfully completed? Is alpha file uploaded to the Google folder?
- Does my game have a unique title and accurate description?
- Are there written rules and goals for the game? Are they clear?
- Are the five elements of game design balanced in my game?
- Is it fun?
Discussion Questions for Circle Up
- Were you able to playtest someone else’s game yesterday? Did anyone playtest yours?
- How can you turn playtesting feedback into meaningful changes in your game?
- How is your game coming along? What do you need help with?